Dare Mighty Things

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Teddy Roosevelt

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Who stole my motivation?

You'd think that as an exercise physiologist, multi-sport endurance athlete, and owner of racing team I, of all people, should have no trouble finding motivation to grab a workout on a snowy New Hampshire weekend. Well, the past 48 hours came and went and about all I can claim in my "training log" is a meager 20 minute ice-crusted road shuffle followed by 10 minutes of running around the backyard in my '08 'retired' snowshoes on Saturday. Thanks to fellow teammate Steve Wolfe I did fashion myself a pair of screwshoes (after my pathetic shuffle) but even that wasn't enough to get my sorry rear end outside for some exercise today. I've got a 30k Nordic race at the end of January and if I don't turn things around soon it's going to start keeping me awake at night. Lack of snow was officially crossed off the excuses list today. Tomorrow is the beginning of my first restorative week, but I honestly feel like I've had three weeks of restorative. As planned however I'll weigh-in tomorrow afternoon and face the music. This is suppose to motivate me. I think I'll bring the screwshoes to work tomorrow just in case...the roads are still a little messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment