Dare Mighty Things

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Teddy Roosevelt

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Tanita

Now the heavy lifting begins. All in all it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Honestly though, I always think it's going to be really bad. In my mind I was suppose to be happy if I was under 180 lbs. and 15% body fat. After 6 weeks of drinking 5 gallons of my first handcrafted ale, Hail Mary Ale, I'm thinking I should try to figure out how to brew 'lite' beer. I came in 3 lbs. heavier and almost 3% higher then in September during my last macrocycle. My trusty Tanita told the story...

177.4 lbs.
11.3% body fat

I've got high school buddies that would trade me that in a heart beat. For me, I've got to get lighter and leaner. The bright side is today is only December 1st. From now on, my training comes in 4 week cycles. I visit Ms. Tanita at the end of every cycle. The goal for next weigh-in is <176 lbs. and <11.0% body fat. The hard part will be figuring out how to drink the same amount of beer and eat less.

No comments:

Post a Comment