Dare Mighty Things

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Teddy Roosevelt

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blah...

Nope. It didn't happen today. I've been denying this cold since Thursday. The Merrimack Rivah Trail Race was really an add-on to the schedule. I need to run long this weekend, but racing today just didn't seem to make a lot of sense. Like many, I don't know what it means to show up to an event and "run easy". Had I gone this morning I would have tried to kill it and likely would have paid the price. I'm heading into a restorative week, but I'd rather not spend the energy getting over being sick...I'd rather spend the energy recovering from the last three weeks of training. Believe it or not I actually took a zero day yesterday because I had still planned to race. Before heading over to CBNA to talk to the T&F program about nutrition I stopped to Bow Lake and threw my boat in the water for a quick paddle (in this case, zero referred to running). Although the lake was windy and choppy, my technique felt solid and my upper body strength right where it needs to be. I'm going to rest today and plan a 10 miler tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment